Hello again, thanks for all your messages! This is my second attempt at writing today- I got to the internet cafe this morning and was told that the internet was down. They were open anyway, they were just serving coffee, so I've come back. That was after spending an hour at the bank watching two frustrated bank people argue about why I couldn't actually use any of the money sitting around in my account. But now I have money and an internet connection so everything's fine again!
The family has had a lovely girl staying with them the last couple of days doing work experience at the garage. She had a car so I've been treated to a bit of the Kalamata nightlife. (You never thought I'd set foot in a club? Well there you go then.) We went to an incredible place last night half way up a mountainside overlooking the bay. We sat surrounded by lanterns on plush purple cushions on a sort of extended balcony staring out over the whole town and over the sea towards Crete with music just quiet enough to still be able to talk and sipped G&T till 2 in the morning (also being eaten alive by mosquitoes but who cares?). When we got back to the car the thermometer was still registering 25. That's the kind of clubbing I like!
It sounds as if you've had it a lot hotter than us the last couple of days, and in a place much less geared up to heat. Commiserations! They've been complaining about the 'British' weather here because it's hardly got over 35 and we've had the odd storm.
I'm off for a mini-holiday to see Tessie in Nafpaktos next week before coming back to actually move into my flat on Thursday. A date! An actual date! And it came a whole week in advance!
So in reply to your comments:
Jojo- Err January but you might hit 3m of snow or 6 weeks of incessant rain apparently. I reccommend October!
Julia- It exists! I've seen it and it's gorgeous. Don't know if the teacher exists though. It would be a shame to ruin the surprise. There's no need to crash on the floor, I have a spare bed ;-)
Annie- This is me you're talking to. I'd love to link to your blog, but some instructions please???
Heather- Contacts. The cousin of the husband of the lady who Annie's father knows. Miss you too!!!
So, next time I blog I should have moved in and have an address to give you. Watch this space...


6 Comments:
Hello Cecily!
Wow, it sounds like you're having an amazing time. I'm so glad to hear that everything's going well and that you've settled in! Your flat-to-be sounds incredible. I can't pretend that I'm not a little bit jealous...!
I've only just found your blog, but it's now bookmarked and I'll be sure to check back often to see how you're getting on.
Take care,
Jack.
Hey Cecily,
So sorry it has taken me so long to read your blog. I don't have internet in Cheltenham so can only check my emails briefly in my lunch hour and don't really have time to do anything of length!
It sounds amazing out there and now things are getting signed you should get the flat of your dreams (sea and mountains)! I hope the land lord gets that air con put in for you so you can enjoy it in comfort.
The clubbing sounds wonderful, (well apart from the GndTs tehe!) Its exactly the sort of clubbing you want....the view, outside option and to relax and chat as well as dance. Sounds like you managed to escape the cigarette smoke too!
I am so glad the family you are staying with sounds lovely. It is good to know you are happy and being taken care of out there. Working at Forum for the Future is great. It is really inspiring and I am learning so much from passionate people about looking after the environment. I have one more week there before i come home for 3 weeks before India.
I should probably stop nattering as you have to pay to read your messages.
So until next weekend (when hopefully we should all know your mailing address...letters yippee!)
I will say goodbye!
Take care and have a great week!
Love Rach x
Dear Kiki,
I'm so glad to hear that it seems to be going so swimmingly for you!!! It all sounds so perfect for you, and I hope you know I'm comming to stay at some point soon (I hope)! Yeah the weather here is ridiculous. Even I couldn't get so sleep last night until 3am (after copious amounts of cider and congac to deaden the heat receptors!), becuse it was SO hot. We did have a bit of a storm today though, which was so nice, exept I was riding when it all kicked of and nearly got deposited in a lake (but due to me extream skills managed to stay aboard - hee hee) when Archer shot sideways at 300mph at the first role of thunder - actualy it was about 30 canada geese that decided that they could run and flap towards the lake because of the noise, which set him off, but all nearly came to the same thing!
Take lots of care and stay in touch.
Loads of love
Gemma
Hello Kiki! Thank you for your super letter which made it to us BEFORE the weekend - how's that for efficient Greek post? We're currently trying to pack the entire universe into three small flimsy boxes - complete madness, and get ready for our 'open house' anniversary do tomorrow as well. The idea is that instead of organising ourselves enough to give a party, we'll just have our doors open between midday and midnight and be 'at home' in true Victorian style. At the moment, though, there's nowhere for the visitors to stand! We also had an immense storm today which flooded the patio, now covered in sand from the ever-growing ants' nest just outside the door which sort of exploded, floated and then settled. Lurrrvely.
loadsaluv, Amy xxx
Hello!
Firstly, Thanks very much for the birthday message, it was much appreciated! You will be proud to hear that Rach and Kieran bought me a teapot so I shall no longer be making tea in such an uncouth manner :-).Great to see (well, read) that you're settling in well.By the way, my swims rate at 5 so far this summer, and unfortunatley for me they weren't in the med!I hope you continue to have a wonderful time. Laura xxx (of the Edwards,Dorset, Green variety!)
hey hun! I'm so so pleased for you that it's all going well, and that you've managed to beat the Greeks into organisation of some sort. Your flat sounds lovely, and the whole place sounds absolutely idyllic. I'm so jealous!!
Anyway just glad you're having a good time and making friends etc, will keep checking up on you on here ;)
love
sam xx
Post a Comment
<< Home