Well, term hasn't started yet, in fact I'm still waiting to enroll tomorrow, but I've done my first Greek gig! My violinist-friend and I were persuaded to play as an interlude at an Unidentified Cultural Event in Koroni last Saturday with just under 24 hours notice... Koroni itself is right at the tip of the Peninsula that isn't the Mani of which Kalamata forms the bay at the top, and as such has stunning views and historical significance thanks to its castle. The UCE, it turns out, was intended to instruct the population on a bit of their local history and it is still a mystery to me why they were SO keen to have a Mozart duet in the middle of it. Still, it was well received and the organisers treated us to a large dinner at a taverna on the way home.
We did indeed also go fishing, although fruitlessly, or perhaps more accurately fishlessly. Ah well, fun all the same.
The last couple of days I've had a friend from Athens staying with me- it made me feel very much as if I belonged being able to show a Greek round the city and knowing more about it than she did! She is now swapping countries with me and heading off to start University in Aberdeen.
I have also successfully acquired an 'AFM' (tax number) which I needed to set the process of getting a landline in motion, and now I just have to wait for them to come and activate it. And wait. And wait...
So, if all goes according to plan and I don't get sent off to chase more documentation, I should be enrolled tomorrow and I'll be able to start settling into a termtime routine. Certainly the weather is cooling down (it's quite comfortable at any time of day and at 2am on the beach you may even need a sweater) so September must be on its way ;-).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home